Vintage Design is looking for quality people to fill the following positions:
Lake Forest, CA
We are a five-star flooring design and installation firm based in Orange County looking to add a motivated team player to our already stellar team. If you are looking for a position to get your foot in the door in the interior design field, this position is for you!
Primary responsibilities include:
- Sales Support to our Lead and Sr. Designers, i.e. kickback resolutions, schedule homebuyer appointments based upon HBIs received from sales.
- Assist reception with phone calls, greeting homebuyers, showroom set-up.
- Assist all members of Design Team with buyer and builder calls when not available.
- Seeing overflow homebuyers during the week and every Saturday
- This position is mainly administrative support, with opportunity to make commission on upgraded sales on Saturdays.
Essentials and Qualifications:
- Excellent communication with all levels of management, fellow associates, and field personnel
- Work well under pressure / time sensitive deadlines
- Organized and serious time manager
- Work proactively and demonstrate a "can-do" teamwork approach
- Organized and punctual, and able to multi-task
- Embrace company philosophy: "Service, Excellence & Teamwork"
- Polished verbal and written communication
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Fluent in Microsoft Office, PC & Internet use
- At least one year of sales experience in the service industry or retail is a plus
- Valid CA Driver License required
- Construction trade experience is a plus but not required
Hours: Monday-Saturday 9:00am-6:00pm, with one weekday and Sundays off **SATURDAYS ARE REQUIRED** Non-exempt, full time.
- Comprehensive medical & dental, with optional vision and life, offered the first of the month following (60) days of continuous employment
- Paid Time Off and paid holidays after first (90) days of continuous employment
Lake Forest, CA
We are a flooring design and installation firm based on Orange County looking to add a skilled warehouse associate to our Team.
The position has full responsibility for the following functions:
- Loading and Dispatch of Installers
- Insure nothing leaves the warehouse without paperwork.
- Match all paperwork to sidemark and product descriptions, verifying box counts, square footage, etc.
- Use forklifts to secure materials for transport and load installer vehicles.
- Check and match P.O. with vendor shipment lists to verify material amounts, dye lots, and run numbers are correct.
- Create location tags for material and use forklifts to place product in proper location. If stock material, receive and store by correct rotation area for the proper trade it is used for.
- Notify Purchasing Agent of any discrepancies between delivery and purchase order, or any vendor issues that may arrive during receiving.
- Will Calls
- Verify product and box counts at vendor location prior to signature of receipt. Calculate total amounts and create information tag for materials.
- Calculate total truck weight with materials to insure it is not over the weight limits for passage through the scales.
- Upon return, unload truck, separating product from pallets with more than one order, and distribute grout and sundries to correct orders for placement on racks.
- Prepare materials for the next day’s dispatch by matching paperwork to materials and sidemark.
- Stage materials by marking pallets for dispatch and setting them aside, then filling empty spaces at front of racks with pallets that are not being dispatched.
- Place outrack pallets and carpet in correct areas for easy access for the following day.
- Locate tile with paperwork and match up materials and sidemark.
- Pull 8 pieces of each material and sidemark material with a “Do Not Touch” label.
- Take product to the showroom approval area and stage for designers. Remove existing approvals and return them to their corresponding pallet.
- Warehouse Maintenance
- Sweep and clean warehouse floors and vacuum the parking lot each day.
- Empty trash bins and make sure all materials are put away prior to warehouse close.
- Pull all trucks into the warehouse for overnight storage.
- Secure all doors and storage bins.
- Verify that all deliveries have arrived for the day. If a vendor has not arrived, notify the Purchasing Agent prior to the end of the day.
- Any other tasks the Director of Installation may require assistance with to ensure all builder and homebuyer promises are met.
- High School education or equivalent.
- Forklift Certification
- Valid CA Driver License, clean driving record, and auto insurance.
- Ability to present and articulate points clearly and effectively.
- Desire to be part of a team.
- Previous experience in warehouse management a plus.
- Knowledgeable with Microsoft Office Suite, comfortable learning new software.
- Monday-Friday, 5:30am-2:30pm. Overtime hours as the needs require. Non-exempt, full time.
- PTO & paid holidays after 90-day probationary period.
- Comprehensive medical, life, & dental insurance with optional vision insurance the 1st on the month following (60) continuous days of employment.
- Enrollment in our company-sponsored 401(k) program after (1) year of continuous employment.
This position requires an individual with strong written and verbal communication skills, reliability, organization, punctuality, and an ability to work within a team.